When it’s good, there’s no need to reinvent the wheel! Lifting this easy plant-based recipe from Beyond Meat utilizing their latest product, juicy meatballs, and the freshest of ingredients.
Try this out and variate with your kind of pasta (whether fresh or gluten-free or carb-free) or nuts (pine nuts, walnuts, cashew).
Tell us what you think!
PREP TIME 5 Mins
COOK TIME 15 Mins
- 1 package Beyond Meatballs™
- 1 package pasta of choice
- Variety of tomatoes
- Pesto, homemade or pre-packaged
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts or walnuts
- 2-3 large, peeled garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4-5 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-4 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- Pinch sea salt, plus more to taste
- Pinch ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to the package.
- In a skillet, cook Beyond Meatballs™ according to the package.
- Slice tomatoes while meatballs and pasta are cooking.
- Add cooked pasta to the skillet with meatballs.
- Set skillet to medium-low heat and add pesto, toss gently and heat until pesto is warm.
- Add sliced tomatoes, toss gently and serve.
- In a food processor or small blender, add the basil, nuts, garlic and lemon juice. Blend on high until a paste forms.
- With the motor on, slowly drizzle in olive oil. Add 1 Tbsp of water at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Add in remaining ingredients and pulse until blended. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.