Here’s a hearty and filling salad which makes for a great addition to any party menu.
It’s also quite versatile. Add your own twist by incorporating kale, quinoa, feta or roasted squash (as pictured here in Yummy Mummy Kitchen’s version). Very easy to prepare ahead of time and store in the fridge as it’s also great chilled.
- YIELD Serves 4
- ACTIVE TIME 20 minutes
- TOTAL TIME 35 minutes
- 1 cup Brown Lentils
- 1?2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1?2 cup Walnuts, Roasted
- 1 bunch Mizuna (or Arugula or similar)
- For the vinaigrette:
- 4 tbsp good EVOO
- 4 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1?2 cup chopped Parsley
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 to 3 tsp Agave to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook lentils in 4 cups of water as per package instructions (bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes until the lentils are tender, but not overcooked). Take care not to make them mushy. Drain excess water and set the lentils aside to cool slightly.
- Make the dressing: Whisk all the ingredients for dressing in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing on the lentils along with walnuts and cranberries. Mix well and add the chopped mizuna, folding in carefully.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.