Coconut milk has 50 g of fat and 550 calories per cup and contains fiber, carbohydrates, potassium, iron, calcium, niacin, phosphorus, magnesium, folate, vitamins A, C, and E. Calories and fats vary.
Because coconut milk is completely free from dairy, lactose, soy, nuts or grains, it’s a good option for anyone allergic to dairy and nut- or grain-based milks, plus it’s vegan and good for plant-based eaters.
A quarter cup of coconut milk (full-fat/not skimmed or light milk) has about:
- 138 calories
- 1.5 grams protein
- 2 grams sugar
- 14 grams fat
- .55 milligrams manganese (27 percent DV)
- .15 milligrams copper (8 percent DV)
- 60 milligrams phosphorus (6 percent DV)
- 22 milligrams magnesium (5.5 percent DV)
- 3.9 milligrams iron (5.5 percent DV)
- 157 milligrams potassium (4.5 percent DV)