Known as konjac or shirataki noodles. These have recently been dubbed as the “holy grail” of dieting in European and US whole food stores. They are also included in the top health foods in Japan and are slowly getting recognition as a superfood because of its nutritional benefits.
- Virtually calorie free; aids in slimming combined with a healthy food program
- Vegan Product: primary ingredient is Glucomannan (natural ingredient from the konjac plant), Glucomannan is commonly found in many fiber/ natural plant based slimming pills
- Dietary Fiber: known as innohuki in Japan; meaning broom of the stomach, aids in sweeping toxins from the intestines
- Diabetic Friendly: reduces glucose levels and sugar spikes (healthy noodle substitute for Type 2 diabetics)
- Cholesterol Reduction: inhibits the transport and absorption of cholesterol in the colon
- Gastrointestinal Regulation: glucomannan swells with the absorption of water making it a useful laxative
Swap with high calorie noodles, pastas and other grains which have high fat, sugar and carbohydrate content!